- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
STUDYING IN AUSTRALIA
Greek applicants for a student visa do not need to lodge an application at the Visa Office in Athens. All Assessment Level 1 applicants, including Greek citizens, can apply online.
To determine your assessment level see: www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/assessment-levels.pdf
To apply online see: www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/students.htm
If you are not eligible to apply online, you may lodge a paper application at the Visa Office in Berlin. General information on student visa eligibility, forms, fees and application procedures can be found on the Department’s website.
Checklist for student application at the Visa Office in Berlin:
- complete form 157A
Download form 157A
- pay the visa application charge
How to Pay for your Application
- 4 passport photos
- Valid passport
- Acceptance advice from an approved educational institution in Australia
- Provide the following documents: Note All documents must be originals or certified copies. Applications accompanied by uncertified copies will not be accepted and cannot be processed.
- Evidence of sufficient funds to support your intended stay in Australia (bank account statements, savings book etc). You need to be able to show that you own or can legally spend these funds, so statements should show transactions over a period of time not less than 3 months prior to lodgement of your application
- Birth Certificate
- School graduation certificate, academic records
- If the course you are attending is not an English language course, evidence that your English language skills are adequate to receive tuition in English, ie.IELTS test scores.
- Detailed statement explaining why the intended course is relevant and appropriate to your level of education and current occupation.
- If you are under 18, both parents’/legal guardians’ consent for your stay in Australia. If you will not be living with a parent, adult guardian, or adult nominated by parent/guardian, provide a letter from education provider confirming appropriate arrangements have been made for your accommodation, support and welfare during your stay in Australia.
- Evidence of any scholarship awarded
- Evidence of Health Insurance to cover your proposed stay in Australia
- PENAL CHECK- please provide a Police Clearance if your proposed period of stay in Australia is more than 12 months.
- If you are to be accompanied by your spouse and children
- Certified copies of birth certificates of your spouse and children included in your application.
- Certified marriage certificate, if applicable
- Evidence of enrolment of school age children in Australian schools, if you intend for them to live with you for more than 3 months
- Additional Documents for Assessment Levels 3 and 4
- Evidence of funds from an acceptable source sufficient to pay living expenses and education costs for the duration of your studies for you and any family members accompanying you
- Evidence of a money deposit that the applicant or a person providing support to the applicant has held for at least the 3 months immediately prior to lodgment of your application.
- Provided funds must be consistent with declared income.
- Loans from the applicant’s home country government or a financial institution are acceptable, for part or all of the total costs.
- Non cash assets are not acceptable.
- The following types of scholarship are acceptable: Australian education provider, foreign government, Australian Commonwealth or State/Territory government, multilateral agency. A scholarship or financial support is also acceptable where it is from a corporation that employs the applicant in a role directly related to the course to be undertaken and which conducts commercial activities outside the country in which it is based.
IF YOU CANNOT SUPPLY ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED DOCUMENTS, PLEASE SUPPLY A DETAILED LETTER OF EXPLANATION FOR OUR CONSIDERATION.
- Medical examinations are a mandatory requirement for this visa subclass. You will be advised how and where the medical examinations are to be done once your application has been initially assessed.
- Claims regarding employment and education may be checked. Applicants who are found to have supplied false/forged supporting documents will automatically be refused.
- By fulfilling all the above requirements, you will help to ensure that your application will be processed as quickly as possible. Failure to provide supporting documents may result in delays or in your application being refused.